Thursday, January 4, 2007

wild at woodford


































Back from woodford with a bang
Or two
Heading back down south to
Retreat from view

Read poems, ate chocolate
Smoked pipes and drank wine
Making friends out of strangers
Enjoying our time

Keith (curly man) and I argued
And laughed and argued again
Yet a genuine friendship
Was formed in the end
He now returns to Brisbane to stay with
Hedi and Shane (see above)
And once again Australia has welcomed
With sunshine and love

So alone again, well almost...
I revisit old friends
Travelling south towards Sydney
Who knows where I will end
But upbeat, if not reflective,
The year starts in true
And I welcome experience,
Recupperation
The ever changing
View

Missing friends and family
Yet with no desire to return
I hope to attract what is
Right for me
Perhaps
Not necessarily
The same as
I yearn






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who the hell is that devastatingly handsome dude with the olympus camera?????? love your poetry ruth, heres one for you.......

roses are red
violets are blue
we all bloody well miss the hell outa you....

shane

amy said...

Hey sis,

Love the blog! I agree with shane... who is mr handsom? im glad you are happy, i think about you all the time and hope that you are. Your poem was very moving. Im bored and miserable coz adam has left and i have no money and an exam on tuesday. Am trying to book a lastminute holiday at the mo instead of revising! Keep well sis and stay in touch, dad rings me twice a week with the sole question 'have you heard from Ruth'! Love you lots. Amy xxx

Steve the Weave said...

Here there Grier Girl, we were thrilled to hear you hooked up with Jo, and it was great to hear from her as well. Sounds like you are having a fab time... get the most from those air miles !!

Unknown said...

Wow - what a SPUNK!!!

Unknown said...

We never would have guessed he's called Brent! Tee hee!

boynextdoor said...

hey honey,

quite a few things have happened in your weeks down under...met new people, lived in interesting places and you have written all this in such a lovely Ruthy way.....fantastic....

a big kiss for the new year with wishes for finding unexpected things...

Dimitris